Posted By: Alexandra Malina & Steve Wanta
A new season is upon us that we all need to get in shape for and we are not talking about bathing suit season. The season we speak of is one filled with parties, networking events and plenty of opportunities to market your business or non-profit. This season is called March In Austin. It starts with Texas Independence, hits a feverous pitch with SXSW, and winds down with a dose of motivation, RISE style.
It can be a little overwhelming and if you are not ready it can come and go leaving you wondering "did I get anything out of it besides a hangover?"
Here are 5 tips to get you in shape for the BIG season.
- START WITH RESEARCH & RSVPing: The free day parties are a big part of the fun of SXSW. It's easy to RSVP, so check out this list of links, make a plan and get on some lists.
- MAKE SOME PLANS: Use something like Plancast to organize the events you plan to attend.
- RISE TO THE OCCASION: Register for RISE and consider being a Host.
- PREPARE, REFINE & NAIL YOUR ELEVATOR PITCH: If you are an entrepreneur with an emerging business RISE and SXSW are the perfect venues to build your network for success. Getting your elevator pitch down is crucial as time is limited. If you are interested in kicking it up a notch, consider signing up for the Austin Video Marketing Marathon hosted at C61 on Feb16. For $200 and 1 hour, you will walk out of Center61 with a professionally video along with coaching with LocalizeAustin just in time for Event Season. Click here for more info.
- WARM UP WITH SOME LIGHT NETWORKING:
Center61 has started a casual monthly happy hour, the C61 Nonprofit Social Venture is a group of friends and colleagues who gather to catch up, and enjoy a few laughs. Tuesday February 7th is our next meet-up; we would love to see you there.
By following these 5 easy steps, YOU TOO will be pumped up and ready to rock SXSW 2012!